The role Apex is currently recruiting is the Country Head of Compliance for APEX FUND SERVICES (Ireland) LTD. covering the Dublin and the Cork offices.
Both offices are regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland providing services such as Transfer Agency, Fund Accounting, Domiciliation and Corporate Services for local and group clients.
The role encompasses compliance advisory, monitoring and fulfilment of the Central Bank of Ireland requirements to meet the obligations set out in the Criminal Justice Act 2013; Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Act 2010; Criminal Justice (Terrorist Offences) Act 2005; Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Act 2010 Guidelines – Feb 2012 and Directive 2005/60/EC
As the Country Head of Compliance, the candidate will be leading a team of 3 experienced compliance officers and will be responsible for ensuring compliance of the status and data processed by Apex Ireland including review and filing of relevant notifications and approvals with the local Data Protection authority.
- Overseeing the compliance function in both offices of Apex Ireland. The candidate will have to establish an oversight process on both offices which will involve travel between both offices from time to time.
- Providing compliance leadership and guidance to the compliance officers, local management and relevant staff
- Ensuring regulatory updates on a monthly basis are issued on a timely manner and where required based on changes in regulations affecting the provided services
- Proactively identify situations that may pose significant compliance risk and ensure Compliance department guides management in the development/reviewing of applicable policies, procedures and business practices
- Providing advice and training on anti-money laundering, sanctions and privacy matters with the assistance of your local Compliance officers
- Working actively with the EU Regional Head of Compliance and Data Protection ensuring delivery and completion of the annual Compliance plan and supporting key areas of compliance risk in the relevant offices and is executed on a timely basis
- Supervise the Compliance Officers day to day AML tasks: reporting, liaising with law enforcement agencies and other external authorities to ensure high quality standards and compliancy with group and regulatory standards
- Supervise the account opening approval oversight performed by the local Compliance officers, KYC periodic updates to KYC forms, on-going sanctions monitoring where necessary
- Ensure that Suspicious transaction monitoring and reporting to the relevant local authorities is performed by the local Compliance Officers in a timely and adequate manner
- Be the first point of contact for the Regulator, maintaining an open and positive working relationship with them and ensure high quality in any correspondence
- Implementation of regulatory implications of new product launches and service extensions
- Supervise the local compliance officers and ensure quality in the delivery of monthly reports to the EU Head of Compliance
- Any other task assigned to the appropriate candidate in line with the employment and or arising from initiative out of the Compliance Head Office.
- Previous compliance experience and relevant compliance qualifications
- The Person should demonstrate a high degree of self reliance and self motivation and should be able to take initiative for problem resolution
- Ability to work autonomously and also be a leader of a team
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining high accuracy and quality standards
- Ability to demonstrate integrity in all tasks and functions performed
- Specific knowledge about Fund Accounting and Transfer Agency will represent a strong asset for this position
- Excellent knowledge and experience of AML / Client due diligence / On boarding of clients.
- Excellent knowledge of compliance monitoring procedures and reporting
- Be able to provide detailed and analytical analyses of risks posed to the business
- Experience in dealing with local Regulator would be an advantage
- Strong presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Strong PC skills including Word, Excel and Access
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org