The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for the monitoring and management of all Desktop, Laptops and Information Technology systems. The Desktop Support Technician uses knowledge and discretion to perform essential functions of the job under minimal supervision.
The candidate for this position will be primarily responsible for supporting the Mauritius & Singapore users and infrastructure. The candidate will gain experience working with some of the latest technology systems and software.
NOTE: This is not a management position.
Reports to: Network Infrastructure Manager
Hours: Shift hours (alternate weeks); 6:00am to 2:30pm / 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Provide ongoing monitoring to ensure proper maximum efficiency of the network and limit downtime.
- Desktop & Server Support
- Maintain various network based systems & network security
- Assign IP addresses to the various devices that are connected to the system network.
- Documenting User guides and procedures to ensure auditability and completeness.
- Adaptability – able to change tasks quickly as business needs dictate
- Setup and Maintain printers
- Troubleshoot and debug problems.
- Set up standard installation packages for all systems to ensure uniformity.
- Ensure proper connectivity to all the end users in the organization.
- Maintain Helpdesk environment and support end user technology issues.
- Complete all other duties as assigned
- Liaise with local vendors
Measure Of Success:
- Responds to and processing internal user requests effectively and efficiently
- Resolves user issues professionally and in a timely manner
- Resolves technical requests and issues in accordance with best practice and company procedures
- Makes recommendations to improve operational efficiency and improve technical solutions
Please submit applications to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org