The main purpose of the Fund Accountant role is to calculate the Net Asset Value (NAV) of funds by performing daily accounting duties to ensure fund prices are accurate and delivered in a timely manner.
The Fund Accountant is responsible for:
- Completing the NAV calculation in a timely and accurate manner;
- Processing of security and cash transactions for portfolio;
- Monitor cash activity of the fund and prepare broker reconciliations on a periodic basis;
- Liaise with prime brokers and investment managers to resolve cash breaks;
- Monitor portfolio positions on a periodic basis;
- Process corporate actions to reconcile cash accounts and positions;
- Responding to clients’ enquiries in a timely and efficient manner;
- Assisting in the preparation of payments;
- Ensuring that agreed timelines are adhered to; and
- Any other day-to-day administrative duties as may be required by the team/Company.
The qualifications, Experience and skills required for this position are:
- An industry relevant degree (preferable but not essential);
- Knowledge and understanding of securities and other financial instruments;
- An ability to work to and meet strict deadlines;
- Be a good team player and also able to work on own initiative;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Experience on Paxus an advantage).
- Willingness to work as part of a team
The successful candidate must have a professional manner and be willing to take a “hands-on” approach to his/hers responsibilities as part of the global operations team. The position may require the individual to work flexible hours to meet the needs of our clients.
We offer a modern and progressive work environment. You can expect to be challenged and offered a path towards future career growth.
Interested parties, please send your full resume with availability to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com