Apex Hong Kong
The Service Desk Agent is the first point of contact for the users who interact with the Apex Group IT Service Desk covering desktop, telephony, networking and Business applications. While providing a high level of customer interaction, IT Agents are responsible to resolve Level 1 IT requests in a timely fashion, and escalate Level 2 & 3 IT requests to the appropriate support and resolver groups. The Service Desk agent must have a good balance of basic technical skills, and customer facing skills. The role will report to the IT Service Desk Manager.
- Serve as the single point of contact for end User ICT requests and support issues.
- Respond to IT requests from all emails, portal, and telephone within the agreed targets.
- Log and assign all IT requests and work requests accurately in the Apex IT ticketing system.
- Perform troubleshooting and initial diagnostics of assigned IT tickets, including remote connection to end user devices using remote access tools.
- When required assign tickets to the relevant team member or external IT suppliers and liaise with the resolver until completion.
- Communicate clearly to users in a timely and polite manner and keep the end user informed of the progress of IT requests at all appropriate times.
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) for incident management.
- Manage creation, modification, and deletion of users account management (FTP, Active, Directory, file permissions) and perform clean up projects of user profiles, files, email accounts.
- Supporting application such as Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business, conferencing tools such as GoToMeeting, Microsoft Outlook and email archiving tools.
- Highlight and report all major IT issues and risks to Service Manager in a timely manner.
- Research, test and implement new systems to improve efficiencies and satisfy user requests.
- Provide basic PC installations and configuration tasks.
- Provide on site support when required in Apex offices (may require travel). Other duties in support of the Service Desk, as assigned by the Service Manager.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- 2-3 years experience in a computer related support or and IT operational environment.
- A recognised third level qualification in a computer related discipline.
- One or more recognised industry certification in PC, Network and Server support (Comptia A+, Server +, Network +, MCP in Windows 7/10).
- Good written and communication skills in English.
- Experience with documentation and improving SOPs and other process documents.
- Good customer focus, and excellent time-keeping is a key requirement of the role.
- Good interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Good problem solving abilities and ability to work under own initiative.
- Maintain adequate knowledge of operating systems and application software in use in Apex.
- Familiarity with or a willingness to learn the fundamental principles of ITIL Service Management.
- Experience with configuring and supporting any version of Windows Desktop (7, 8, 10).
- Experience in virtual desktop environment desirable, particularly CITRIX XenDesktop/XenApp.
- Experience with configuring and supporting Microsoft Office 2013/2016 and/or Office 365.
- Some basis experience with supporting physical networking is desirable but not essential.
To be successful in these roles it is envisaged you are a motivated and self driven individual eager to contribute and grow with the organization. Critical to your ability to perform these roles will be your attention to detail and team focus.
We offer a modern and progressive work environment. You can expect to be challenged and offered a path towards future career growth. Interested parties, please send your full resume with AVAILABILITY and EXPECTED SALARY to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be treated in strict confidence.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com