The successful applicant for this position will be responsible for overseeing a team of Private Equity Fund accountants involved in the areas of NAV Calculation, Investor Reporting, Company Secretarial and Compliance. The individual will maintain client relationships; take responsibility for co-ordination of regulatory reporting, audit preparation, new business take on and due diligence requirements of the company. The individual will maintain the co-ordination of regulatory reporting, audit preparation, review and timely delivery of reports. This is an exciting role for someone who is determined to get involved in all aspects of fund administration.
- Timely and accurate monthly or quarterly NAV calculations.
- To ensure NAV calculations are reviewed and delivered on a monthly or quarterly basis along with any other client specific reporting requirements.
- Operational onboarding of new and take on funds and ensure everything has been prepared prior to the launch and take on date – bank and broker access, set-up in the accounting system, etc.
- Attendance in client meetings where NAV calculations, Financial Statements and other deliverables are discussed.
- Processing and review of all capital call and distribution transactions
- Ongoing Implementation and refinement of SSAE 16 controls.
- Ensuring client enquiries are answered in accordance with the Private Equity Team’s service standards on an ongoing basis.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and other requirements of the funds specifications.
- Detailed review of NAV calculations for Private Equity, Real Estate and Listed Funds.
- Experience of AML/KYC reviews for new subscriptions.
- Processing and review of subscriptions and redemptions and share registry functions.
- Authorisation of payments via bank portals.
- Preparation and review of financial statements as required annually.
- Ability to deal with auditors (external and internal) and manage and respond to audit queries.
- Experienced in FATCA data accumulation as well as the new CRS reporting requirements.
- Monitoring of Admin Fee payments and Chasing of Debtors.
- Ensuring best practice are adopted and improving processes to gain efficiencies.
- At least 3 years experience in private equity, real estate, funds of funds and debt/loan funds.
- Familiarity with preparing and reviewing of capital call, distributions, management fee calculations, waterfall calculations and preparation of financial statements.
- Knowledge of US GAAP/ UK GAAP and IFRS.
- An ability to work to and meet agreed deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a pressurised environment.
- Capacity to problem-solve and ability to deal with complex issues.
- Part / Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA).
- Strong PC skills including Word, Excel and Macros in Excel (Experience on efront an advantage).
Please send your CV and cover letter including your current salary and salary expectations to Londonrecruit@apexfunds.co.uk
Please note we are only able to accept applications from candidates with UK Residency Status or Visa – regrettably we cannot sponsor any candidates.
Please note that for this role applications from agencies will not be accepted.
To apply for this job email your details to Londonrecruit@apexfunds.co.uk