The Malta Office is currently looking for a highly motivated individual who is keen on heading a young and dynamic team in the role of Shareholder Services Manager. The main objective is to achieve overall client satisfaction by providing excellent customer service whilst ensuring full compliance with regulatory and fund requirements.
The selected candidate will interact with all investors, ensure timely processing of client documentation and account opening in accordance with standards set by Apex, followed by the timely processing of investors’ instructions in accordance with standards and cut off times set by clients. In addition, the selected candidate will maintain the shareholder register and ensure that client transactions are KYC/AML checked, as well as handling the daily reporting to the different counterparts. S/he will also participate in Transfer Agency related projects.
- Demonstrate ability to work autonomously following procedure and policies of the group.
- Adhere to the relevant AML/KYC standards applied by Apex on behalf of their customers while all regulatory, compliance, risk management and due diligence controls of Apex are respected.
- Ensure that investor AML/KYC documentation is verified in a timely manner.
- Apply diligence, attention to detail and respect of deadlines.
- Diligently verify account openings and/or account maintenance changes in line with the applicable procedures and in a timely manner.
- Be client focused and strive to provide excellence in the service to investors, internal and external clients.
- Be the contact person for client and investors for operational issues and support during the account opening process.
- Take ownership of rather complex cases and/or analyses, consulting with senior management and compliance where necessary.
- Use appropriate tact and diplomacy when exchanging complex od sensitive information with internal or external stakeholders,
- Collect, analyse and place the investors’ instructions received in Transfer Agency for Funds.
- Prepare and review the daily/monthly/ad-hoc fund reporting as well as the necessary client reporting.
- File the documents as required and maintain the client’s records.
- Ensure end of day controls are applied and checked.
- Suggest openly improvements to daily business tasks.
- Train, coach and/or mentor other employees on work procedures and approaches.
- Participate in the business continuity plan (BCP) yearly testing.
- Ensure that investor accounts are blocked as and when required, and are reported internally.
- Ensure accurate and complete data input into the relevant systems, including FATCA and CRS data; maintain data integrity and standards as per levels applied by Apex.
- Monitor and report transaction trends.
- Assist internal and external audit as required.
- Apply the controls implemented by the group.
- Act in respect of the regulator framework, the internal procedures, guidelines and code of conduct.
- Expertise in the Transfer Agency business and fund industry. A minimum of two (2) years of experience in a similar role is required.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office (word, excel, access).
- Knowledge of PAXUS and/or Riva is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills and a truly client servicing mindset.
- Good interpersonal skills and sense of teamwork.
- Commitment to self-improvement.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Remain calm under high pressure.
- Perfect command of English. Any other language is an advantage.
- Good judgement and decision-making skills to find best solutions.
All applications are to be sent by email to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org