Due to continued growth at the Malta office, we are looking for highly motivated individuals with a particular focus on attention to detail and service standards to fulfil the role of Compliance & Legal Officer on a full time basis.
- Provide professional compliance support to Senior Management as required;
- Carry out the relevant oversight and ongoing monitoring in relation to those clients whose Compliance Officer role is outsourced to Apex;
- Ensure that the business activities of the Fund Administrator and the Corporate Service Provider are conducted in conformity with applicable laws, regulations, MFSA rules and internal policies and procedures;
- Continual risk assessment of company practices together with the development of internal policies and procedures, compliance training and protocols;
- Supervision of complaints handling processes in line with regulatory complaint handling procedures. This involves ensuring complaints, if any, are responded to in an efficient and professional manner;
- Provide training in business-wide compliance policies and procedures, laws and regulations applicable to the business;
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and industry initiatives and advise business accordingly;
- Liaison with service providers, external legal advisors, regulatory authorities;
- Maintenance and revision of Legal Agreements.
- Previous experience within a financial services environment and/or the field of compliance would be considered an asset;
- Degree or diploma in financial services or a related field;
- Ability to equilibrate priorities and organise work effectively to meet deadlines;
- Proactive and willing to take ownership of problems with attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills.