Position: Fund Accountant
Location: Initially in our Malahide office before relocating to our Dublin city centre office in 2018.
The successful applicant for this position will be responsible for providing timely and accurate support to their clients.
- Client relationship management
- Net Asset Value preparation
- Peer review of Net Asset Value preparation for other fund accountants
- Partner/investor allocation calculations, including incentive and management fee calculations
- Transfer agency functions on their funds
- Financial statement preparation
- Assist auditors and other fund participants and advisers
- Instructing payment of expenses on their funds
- Assist with training of new staff members
- Research of accounting and tax issues
- Other ad hoc requests as needed
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required:
- An industry relevant degree (preferable but not essential);
- Preferably two + years of relevant accounting experience in the hedge fund industry;
- Knowledge and understanding of securities and other financial instruments;
- Preferably some experience of dealing with credit instruments.
- Experience in the calculation of the Net Asset Value of a hedge fund while additional experience in transfer agency and financial reporting a plus;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency with the Microsoft applications;
Willingness to work as part of a team
The successful candidate must have a professional manner and be willing to take a “hands-on” approach to his/hers responsibilities as part of the global operations team. The position may require the individual to work flexible hours to meet the needs of our clients.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Ireland in order to be considered for the role.