Apex Middle Office Services
POSITION: Fund Accountant, Middle Office
LOCATION: Toronto, Canada
The successful applicant for this position will be responsible for providing timely and accurate middle office support to their clients.
- Confirmation/Settlement of trades with counterparties and prime brokers on a daily basis on all place of settlements, including Euroclear, DTC, FED, CDS, CREST as well as domestic settlement
- Liaising with front office, prime brokers, as well as counterparty and executing brokers on operational/settlement matters
- Proactively monitoring, investigation and reconciliation of trade breaks
- Trade support for various fixed income products including (but not limited to) Credit Default Swaps, CDS Indices and CDO’s, including bilateral DTCC settlement and cleared trades.
- Reviews, researches, and resolves reconciliation items of various books and records on a daily basis, including positions, pricing, trade-date and settle-date cash, accrued interest, etc.
- Supports ongoing general fund cash management, also working closely with the transfer agency/investor services group to monitor cash movements pertaining to investor subscriptions and withdrawals
- Completes reviews of mandatory and voluntary corporate action events (including: stock splits, stock dividends, spin-offs, exchanges, mergers, tenders, etc.) and ensures proper documentation is in place
- Review of Daily PnL calculations
- Review of Daily Compliance checks
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting/Finance, or a relevant qualification
- Understanding or knowledge of various security types – Bonds, Equities, Futures, CDS, CDS Indices, Term Loans, Revolver, Warrants, Forwards, ABS, MBS, TRS, etc.
- Understanding of trade lifecycle
- Knowledge and understanding of securities and other financial instruments with an emphasis on Fixed Income Instruments.
- Computer proficiency with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, familiarity with Calypso, Bloomberg VCON, Markit, IceLink,, DTCC preferred
- Strong client service and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Accurate and acute attention to detail
- Adaptability – able to change tasks quickly as business needs dictate
- Uses discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to adapt communication style to audience
- Proven ability to prioritize responsibilities, manage time effectively and meet deadlines accordingly
- Responsiveness/Sense of urgency
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org