POSITION: Fund Accountant – Senior Analyst – Hedge
CORPORATE TITLE: Senior Analyst
LOCATION: Ireland (Dublin)
As a senior fund accountant, you will be working directly with the Head of Client Services in your region and with other Client Service Managers in connection with the performance of duties related to the administration of Hedge Funds.
- You will be responsible for the review for the reconciliation and calculation of periodic (daily/weekly/monthly) net asset values of various hedge funds, including:
- Reconciling transactions related to the investment portfolios, dividends and interest, corporate actions, and investor capital activity
- Dealing with requests from and communicating with the investment manager and investors regarding all aspects of the accounts operation
- Updating accounting and client relationship management systems, updating and verifying statistical information, preparing financial statements, and working with external auditors
- Responsible for the preparation and completion of the audit process for assigned relationships
- Liaising with Investment Managers, Broker’s, Custodians and Investors on a daily basis
- Processing of Derivatives, such as Spot/Forwards (Foreign Exchange) FX’s, Futures and Options
- Analysis and Administration of potential write down of investments
- Releasing of Net Asset Value (NAV’s) to public bodies such as Bloomberg and Irish Stock Exchange where required
- Verification of pricing of all portfolio investment instruments such as Equities, Futures, Swaps and Bonds
- Processing daily cash transactions and activity
- Ensure client concerns and queries are addressed in a timely and efficient manner
- Receive and respond to Audit queries
Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree preferred- accounting, finance, business or economics
- Previous fund accounting or related industry experience with experience with general ledger accounting, with demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy, analytical, technical, organisational, and problem solving skills
- Strong computers skills including Excel, Word, and Lotus Notes
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- An ability to think critically and objectively
- The flexibility and willingness to work additional hours as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital/civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter or contact our Talent Management Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit apexfunds.ie..