POSITION: Fund Accounting – Associate – Private Equity
CORPORATE TITLE: Associate
LOCATION: Ireland (Dublin)
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 25th May 2018
You will work directly with the Head of Client Service in your region and with other Client Service Managers in connection with the performance of duties related to the administration of Private Equity Funds.
You should have relevant experience in the Auditing or Administration of Private Equity funds along with some Supervisory/ Team Lead experience.
- The individual will be responsible for the review of the reconciliation and calculation of periodic (daily/weekly/monthly) net asset values of various hedge funds, including:
- Reconciling transactions related to the investment portfolios, dividends and interest, corporate actions, and investor capital activity.
- Dealing with requests from and communicating with the investment manager and investors regarding all aspects of the accounts operation.
- Updating accounting and client relationship management systems, updating and verifying statistical information, preparing financial statements, and working with external auditors.
- Working with the Managers, person will be responsible for the oversight of fund administrators and their assigned relationships.
- Responsible for the preparation and completion of the audit process for assigned relationships.
- A strong understanding of the systems used and will be responsible for the consistency and accuracy of assigned relationships.
- Liaising with Investment Managers, Broker’s, Custodians and Investors on a daily basis
- Reviewing transfer agent processes including input of investor dealings, weekly, monthly deposits and withdrawals, roll ups at period end into Investor Services systems (Mantra & Investran)
- Processing of Derivatives, such as Spot/Forwards Foreign Exchances (FX’s), Futures and Options
- Analysis and Administration of potential write down of investments
- Releasing of Net Asset Value (NAV’s) to public bodies such as Bloomberg and Irish Stock Exchange where required
- Process payments of Investor, Investment Manager and third party fees
- Assist with the training of new colleagues
- Verification of trades against Investment Manager and Broker references
- Verification of pricing of all portfolio investment instruments such as Equities, Futures, Swaps and Bonds
- Processing daily cash transactions and activity
- Cash and Asset reconciliations to Custodial Services, Broker’s and Investment Manager’s
- Investigating any discrepancies which may occur and achieving resolutions
- Ensure Client concerns and queries are addressed in a timely and efficient manner
- Receive and respond to Audit queries
- Ensure effective communication with colleagues and corresponding departments
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Extensive and proven fund accounting experience
- Experience with general ledger accounting, with demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy, analytical, technical, organisational, and problem solving skills
- Private Equity fund accounting experience
- Experience using the system Investran
- Proficiency in advanced Excel functions
- Strong computers skills including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- An ability to think critically and objectively
- Experience working with an investment management or finance-related firm preferred
- A general knowledge of the investment industry and/or fund accounting experience preferred.
- The flexibility and willingness to work additional hours as needed
- Educated to degree level (or overseas equivalent)
- An excellent communicator with strong inter-personal skills
- Focused on attention to detail with strong organisational skills
- Flexible and willing to work additional hours as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital/civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter or contact our Talent Management Team at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org