Apex Hong Kong
The successful applicant will be responsible for the day to day administration of hedge funds and will strive to be a one point contact to investment managers and funds’ investors. To carry out these duties, the successful applicant will lead a team of account manager, senior fund accountants and fund accountants to deliver timely and accurate fund administration services to our fund clients.
- Ensure that necessary controls are in place and adhered to in order to provide complete, accurate and timely fund administration services to our clients.
- Review and ensure accuracy of daily / weekly / monthly NAV valuation of client funds.
- Monitor accuracy of fund expenses (management fee, performance fee etc.).
- Review funds’ share registry dealing orders and ensure all are processed in high accuracy and timely manner.
- Perform AML checks for investors.
- Implement FATCA and CRS programme to ensure client funds’ compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Review, manage and liaise with auditors for audits of client funds.
- Assist in pre launch phase of new client fund vehicles; launching of new fund and review operational procedure.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline.
- Member of ACCA, HKICPA or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience in fund administration industry.
- At least 3 years of experience in managerial role.
- Good communications, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written English skills is a must, proficiency in Mandarin will be an advantage.
- Must have knowledge of general accounting and reconciliation practices and procedures.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task and prioritise to deliver on time.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Proficient in using PFS-Paxus will be an advantage.
- Having knowledge of transfer agency services, FATCA and CRS will be an advantage.
- Preferably with working rights in Hong Kong.
To be successful in these roles it is envisaged you are a motivated and self driven individual eager to contribute and grow with the organization. Knowledge of financial products and environments along with prior fund accounting experience will ensure your success. Critical to your ability to perform these roles will be your attention to detail and team focus.