The Position: Head of Software Development
Employment Type: Permanent or Contract
The successful applicant for this position should have 8+ years working in software development developer including 4+ years working in a head of software development role. This will be a role which includes responsibilities such as technical design, governance, software development and managing the software development team. It will be a leadership role and include managing and governing both internal developers and vendors.
The person will have leadership skills, great attention to detail and the passion to drive projects forward. The role will include mentoring other members of the development team and also end users. Previous experience with SharePoint components such as workflow, reporting, search and document management would be advantageous.
- Responsible for the operations of the software development teams.
- Create software development policies and procedures, roll these out to the development team and govern these ensuring they are being adhered to.
- Experienced in leading technical teams, including frontend developers, backend developers, support teams and administrators.
- Work with the team to ensure the projects are correctly evaluated and scoped from both a technical and commercial stand point.
- Work with the project managers, business analysts and other key individuals to ensure that all projects are appropriately supported and fully completed on time
- Ensure proper software development life cycle is deployed
- Ability to balance conflicting resource demands and internal pressures with focus towards our business priorities
- Proven track record for strong problem resolution techniques, ability to find solutions.
- Facilitate technology and methodology decision making, including the standardisation of application architecture, developing reusable code base development, source code control and management and deployment processes
- Develop and drive consistent policies, standards and approaches throughout the team
- Vendor management
- Managing and leading developers
- Develop high quality code
- Visual Studio 2010+, .NET framework 3.5 +, Active Directory, C#, AngularJS
- SQL Server 2008 R2 +, SSIS, SSRS
- SharePoint 2013 +
- Nintex Workflow
- SharePoint 2013 custom development, workflow and Search Configuration
- JIRA, Agile, DevOps methodologies
- 3rd Level IT Qualification, Background in the financial Industry preferable
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team leadership skills
- MCSD preferable
- Work well under pressure
Applicants must be eligible to work in Ireland in order to be considered for the role.