Apex Fund Services is a rapidly expanding global Fund Services Company with almost 1000 staff based in 30 different locations world-wide. Apex uses a private cloud computing model with most IT services outsourced to a number of vendors. The system administrator will report to the Technical Design Authority on a functional basis, but support a number of Service managers and Projects managers in line with the demands of the business.
The System administrator will be expected to remotely deliver services to customer locations where we are providing Service. This may require out of hours support when required. The role may also require flexibility to undertake International travel from time to time as part of the delivery of service.
- Provide Level 2 Troubleshooting on daily IT issues reported from business users and the Apex service desk.
- Communicate clearly to users the cause and resolution of IT issues in a timely and polite manner. (All users will be in remote locations)
- Highlight and report all major IT issues and risks to It Manager in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with service providers and external vendors on root cause analysis for problems related to technology
- Research, test and implement new systems to improve efficiencies and satisfy user requests.
- Assist with testing system releases, patches and disaster recovery.
- Ensure that all scheduled back up systems, archiving systems, web filtering software, Salesforce, anti virus, FTP sites are all operating to specification.
- Liaise with Vendor technical team, and provide detailed diagnostic information when required.
- Provide technical input into vendors proposal, change requests, and incident management
- Execute standard administration tasks such as reviewing system logs, monitor jobs and responding to system alerts
- Support the business in the governance and management of vendors covering desktop, mobile, networking, and datacentre services with technical input.
- Administer the creation, modification, and deletion of users accounts, emails accounts, and security rights within active directory
- Perform on-call duties as needed to support technology services to business
Experience and Skills Required:
- Excellent problem solving abilities and good at working under own initiative.
- Good decision making skills/judgment.
- Ability to take ownership of a technical solution and work with a number of stakeholders (internal and external) to deliver a design and implementation approach.
- Excellent written and communication skills in English.
- Ability to articulate design topics, using tool such as Visio, Powerpoint, and any modelling tools utilising Archimate.
- Ability to be able to work well under pressure during disaster situations.
- Proven skills in Microsoft cloud technologies including Office 365, Azure, intune, AD connect, ADFS, skype for business, and other company systems
- Proven skills in networking to include DNS, LAN/WAN, firewalls, wireless,
- Familiar with common technologies for Backup, archiving, and system administration Application support skills in SharePoint, SQL Server would be an advantage, but not essential
- PowerShell scripting
- Familiar with Citrix desktop virtualisation technologies (Xenapp/Xendesktop)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline
- 3+ years experience as system administrator in a Windows based environment.
- ITL v3
- Recent MCSE preferred
- MCP certification in a number of Microsoft technology listed in the job description would be an advantage.
Location – Apex Ireland (Dublin Office)
Applicants must be eligible to work in Ireland in order to be considered for the role.