POSITION: Team Leader – Corporate Services
DEPARTMENT: Co Sec
LOCATION: Luxembourg (Luxembourg)
A highly motivated individual with the ability to perform a variety of tasks and carry out the Corporate Services’ duties under the Luxembourg Company Law for Apex Fund Services (Malta) Limited, Luxembourg Branch (“Apex Luxembourg”). This person will manage a varied portfolio of clients for which Apex Luxembourg acts as Corporate and Domiciliation Agent, for example, UCITS/Non-UCITS funds, management companies, unit trusts and offshore domiciled entities.
- To proactively spot governance issues before they arise.
- To manage relevant relationships with team members and senior management of group entities, where necessary.
- To build positive relationships and add real value to the teams and entities from a governance perspective.
- To adhere to processes, procedures, and working practices for the greater good of the entities.
To ensure that the company’s legal entities and clients are in compliance with laws and regulations and relevant internal rules and regulations, by:
- Assisting with the organising of Meetings, drafting of agendas, preparation of Board papers and attending Board meetings
- Preparing draft minutes and action point lists of the matters arising from Board meetings and sending them to the client and Board for review within the relevant timeframe
- Amending minutes and action point lists to incorporate any changes suggested and circulate revised lists to al board members and persons allocated an action point
- Assisting with filings to the Luxembourg Business Register
- Maintaining corporate registers (e.g., register of directors, etc.)
- Dealing with any other responsibility reasonably assigned by the Head of Corporate Services
- Managing a team of 3-4 individuals and assigning tasks and responsibilities
On-going Corporate Secretarial compliance for a varied portfolio of clients to include:
- Changes to directors/secretary, registered office
- Change of Company Name
- Preparation and filing of Annual Returns
- Holding of Annual General Meetings and Extraordinary General Meetings
- Assist the Head of Corporate Services to deal with queries and requests on a day to day basis from clients, auditors and internal staff
- To represent the Company in a professional manner and enhance the perception of the Company as client oriented, proactive and dedicated to providing a superior service
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Experience in a Corporate Services role, preferably in a fund or legal environment
Key Skills / Experience:
- Team management in an equivalent function
- Strong written communication skills with proven ability in the use of the English language. French or German are an asset.
- Exceptional proofreading is required to ensure the accuracy of the documents and correspondence
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Must be flexible and have the ability to manage shifting priorities
- Good knowledge of Windows based software’s
- Minute taking experience
We are an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital/civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter or contact our Talent Management Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com